Last Week in class, we had some guests from Grade 6 come and read to our students. We are playing through stories lots during this unit, so it was the perfect opportunity for the older boys to get some community service hours as well as for our students to enjoy different readers. This week, we will have more students from Grade 6 coming to read for our class and enjoy playing with us!
What’s Happening In Our Class This Week
This week, we are practicing for Student-Led Conferences which are on Wednesday, May 17th, from 4:30-7:30 PM! Our students are so excited to share what they have learned throughout the year! Students will work with their parents to engage in activities we have done this year, showcasing important key concepts from each of the four units: Who We Are, How the World Works, Sharing the Planet, and How We Express Ourselves. Math and Literacy will be integrated into the areas, and Arabic will have its own area to show off what they have learned.
Please make sure you sign up for this important event in your child’s learning journey. They will be the stars of the night, and we would love for you to be here!
Water and Bubbles Day
Dear KG and PreK families,
This year we will be celebrating summer with a KG and PK Water and Bubbles Day on Thursday, May 18, 2017 from 8:00am to 12:30pm, with regular arrival and dismal time. This event will replace KG’s traditional pool days from years before. Instead of swimming in a pool students will engage in 20 stations of fun water and bubble activities that include science, teamwork, art and sensory exploration. Some of these activities include relay races, water table activities and fun with squirt guns and water balloons.
To make this a fun and successful day, we need your help! We are looking for about 60 parent volunteers to help run stations.
- Volunteers would need to arrive by 7:45 and be able to stay until 12:45. Most volunteers would be placed at a activity station to run. We are seeking 3-4 volunteers who could serve as photographers.
- There are 20 stations that last 10 minutes each. After every 5 stations there is a short or long break.
- Twenty classes of PreK and KG students will rotate through the stations in 10 minute increments. It is important to note that volunteers will stay with their assigned station and only be with their child’s class for one ten minute station.
- However parent volunteers will be invited to participate in lunch and snack with their child’s classroom.
- Volunteers should come prepared to get wet and messy. Many of our stations are art based and involve paint and food coloring.
- If you would like to volunteer please email Mrs. Jean Marie your name, your child’s name and their teacher. Her e-mail address is JeanMarie.Khan@ais-kuwait.org
********To sign up for what you will bring to the Potluck, please click this link:
Wednesday, May 17th: Student-Led Conferences from 4:30-7:30
Thursday, May 18th: Water and Bubble Day!!! Regular arrival and dismissal time. No regular uniform! You can wear a swimsuit! Boys can wear swim trunks and t-shirts. Girls can wear a swim suit and shorts on the bottom. Or, you could wear just any clothes to get wet in! Please bring dry clothes to change into later. Please sign-up for the Potluck Lunch!
Tuesday, May 23rd: No school. High school graduation.
Thursday, May 25th: Relaxed dress/Dress down Day!
Sunday, May 28th: Ramadan hours begin (tentatively). Students 9:30-12:30